Bosch has established ethical “red lines” for the use of artificial intelligence (AI). The company has now issued guidelines governing the use of AI in its intelligent products.
AI will change every aspect of our lives. By 2025, the aim is for all Bosch products to either contain AI or have been developed or manufactured with its help. Bosch’s AI code of ethics is based on the following maxim: Humans should be the ultimate arbiter of any AI-based decisions.
If AI is a black box, then people won’t trust it. In a connected world, however, trust will be essential. Bosch is aiming to produce AI-based products that are trustworthy. The code of ethics is based on Bosch’s “Invented for life” ethos, which combines a quest for innovation with a sense of social responsibility.
At a glance: The guidelines in Bosch’s AI code of ethics
- All Bosch AI products should reflect our “Invented for life” ethos, which combines a quest for innovation with a sense of social responsibility.
- AI decisions that affect people should not be made without a human arbiter. Instead, AI should be a tool for people.
- We want to develop safe, robust, and explainable AI products.
- Trust is one of our company’s fundamental values. We want to develop trustworthy AI products.
- When developing AI products, we observe legal requirements and orient to ethical principles.